Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Do it well

In a world where there are tonnes of activities competing for our time and the tendency for things to be done haphazardly is imminent, I am reminded of the words of one my father figures, Apostle Stephen Bolaji that "whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well"

As the then coordinator of the choir group in my local church in Lagos, Nigeria, this simple and principled Army veteran will always echo these words in our ears to prod us to excellence. For some of us, particularly my senior sister, Bidemi, these were part of the words that encouraged us to excel in our academic pursuits even in the face of indescribable challenges.

Although it's been a while since I saw Apostle Bolaji, but everyday I look at Eniola, my angel, I echo the same words into her ears. She is destined for greatness and this principle of doing all things well will definitely be essential for her. 


No comments: