Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Live in your space


I took this video two years ago at the annual Canada's Outdoor Farm Show in Woodstock, Ontario. As a trained animal scientist and a lover of livestock, I couldn't take my eyes off these well-fed, good-to-behold cattle. They represented the beauty of God's creation and the adroitness of man in the science of breeding and genetics.

Looking at the video again, a few thoughts came to my mind on how life is lived in regimented spaces. 

These herd of cattle were placed within a stall to feed, grow and take all the full advantages of being reared under an intensive system. The quality of feed and water is good, temperature is well regulated, disease is monitored and overall management practice is best-in-class.

Extrapolating these thoughts into the human space, I say while we are higher and more intelligent beings, we do not live our lives differently.

The beautiful, the strong, the wise and the powerful: we all live within boundaries. We are all confined to specific territories not necessarily in terms of limitation but rather by virtue of operation. We can neither be everywhere nor can we be everything. 

My message - find your space and operate within it. Maximize the opportunities within your space and be the best you can be in your space.

Live in your space.

2 comments:

omolara manuwa said...

good to see you (on your blog, lolz) and to know you still write and inspire others. You'll be surprised, i still have some of the texts you gave us years ago. thank you

Kayode Raphael Adegboye said...

Whao Omolara. Thank you for your kind words. Good to hear from you. I'm grateful to God for the opportunity to share my thoughts in writing. I believe I have an assignment to continuously do that.

I won't be surprised you still have those texts. You know I have always mentioned to you that you are exceptional and that you will surely go places. I will keep you in my prayers that the Lord will constantly watch over you as you fulfill His purpose as a VOICE to this generation.

My warmest regards to Mummy and your siblings.