Sunday, June 13, 2021

An application to ‘My Future’ – A Satire.

Dear ‘My Future’,

 

Please accept this letter as my formal application for the position of ‘An Individual With A Great Future’.

 

I am a young, active, brilliant professional who, for reasons of being idle and confused, now channels my energy and resources into creating ‘go-to’ platforms where ‘breaking news’ are shared.

 

Over the last couple of years, I have become technologically savvy, with great proficiency in phone usage. My two most-used functionalities are ‘record’ and ‘send’. Whether it makes sense or not, I record it and post it online. It is a fast world and whoever breaks the ‘news’ first gets the most attention. Therefore, I really do not have the time to verify before I amplify any message.

 

While I could be using my time online to learn new life, business, and career-transforming skills, I see more opportunities in peddling rumors and viewing meaningless videos.

 

I have built a qualitative experience ‘forwarding’ unnecessary, unsolicited and unverified messages to people. In particular, when there is a promise that ‘god’ will bless me, I usually make sure such messages are sent out with utmost urgency. Whatever is sent to me – profanity, etc., my contact lists must receive them.

 

When it comes to recording, sharing and forwarding ‘news’, nobody is spared – my friends, pastor, manager, colleagues, and family members.

 

Recently, in response to one of my posts, somebody told me I may be ruining my future gradually, by maligning others. I immediately rejected that negative suggestion in ‘jesus’ name. My portion in life is to succeed and succeed I must, especially in this ‘content-hungry’ world.

 

The beeps from the different likes on my posts wake me up in the morning, and in going to bed at night, I regularly peruse what needs to be posted the next day. Keeping my seven social media platforms active everyday has been a great delight, and I hope to sustain this momentum as I take up the role of ‘An Individual With A Great Future.’

 

Please give utmost consideration to these invaluable experiences I have noted above in your decision.

  

I look forward to hearing from you and will appreciate an opportunity to discuss further with you soon.

 

Sincerely,

 

The Guy With A Doubtful Future.

No comments: