Sunday, November 17, 2019

Be Creative; Solve a Problem

A few years ago, I needed a pair of cufflinks for a pink shirt I was wearing to an occasion. I could afford to buy new cufflinks but there were conflicting priorities for the money I had. Looking around the house, I stumbled on a roll of pink thread and from one of my old dress shirts, I plucked out four buttons. Off I went to work on my ‘homemade cufflinks’. In about twenty minutes, a set of ‘new cufflinks’ was ready.

My pink shirt, tucked under a grey blazer and into a dark brown trouser, was graced with my new ‘cufflinks’. My look was elegant and the occasion was a success. I couldn’t be prouder of the outcome.

In life, situations will arise where our creativity will be needed. Our ability to think deeply and broadly would often be required to bring about a change of situation for the better.

Rather than dwelling endlessly on a problem, it's better to focus on finding a solution to it. Every human has the inert capability to think and come up with ideas.

The solution that we need may often come from ‘mixing and matching’ the resources that are already at our disposal. We may not need to spend extra money, bring in external help or travel far and wide to resolve the challenge we have at hand.

Humans are created to solve problems. This is why we exist and this why we are alive.

No comments: