Monday, November 18, 2019

Do What You’ve Been Sent to Do.

Some days are just discouraging; there are moments when we just want to take a break from everything, including the things we are called to do. On days like these, God somehow reminds us why we cannot stop. For me, one such day was Saturday morning, August 24, 2019.

I would scribble a few words daily on my Facebook page but on this fateful morning, I came to the brink of giving up on this daily task.

I know I had received some instructions on why I should continuously keep up with this routine but the challenges of life that encompassed me about this time were almost subduing me. I didn’t write any word for that morning.

Later that morning, I struggled to attend an earlier-scheduled, out-of-town meeting. Just about when we were prepping to start the meeting, one of the attendees approached me and said:

“I’ve been following your postings on Facebook and they have been helpful. Whenever I am done my quiet time and I am on my way to work, I look at them. They’ve been very encouraging and inspiring. Keep it up, you never know the lives you touch.”

I stared astonishingly at this individual, took a long deep sigh and once I regained my breath, expressed my sincere appreciation to him. The message was very clear to me – I must get back to work and keep doing what I have been asked to do no matter what was going on in my life.

It may be tough but we must not give up. We may be in pain but must not fail to speak words of redemption to those who need to hear them. No matter what life throws at us, we must do what we have been sent to do.

No comments: