Friday, February 24, 2017

Oh Sleep; But Why?

Dear Sleep,

Please consider this letter as a notice of an immediate downgrade of our relationship from close friends to mere acquaintances. By mere acquaintances, I mean going forward, I can only hang out with you for a maximum of six hours every day.

As close friends, we would spend up to twelve hours non-stop in each other’s company and I would often entertain you with melodious tunes of various musical keys a.k.a snoring. Effective immediately, I am putting an end to all these types of renditions.

Sleep! You have really fallen my hands (disappointed me). I befriended you but you betrayed me. I had plans to be great but you succeeded in making me a mediocre.

The books I could have written, the strategies I could have crafted, the prayers I could I have said – you denied me all these opportunities and kept me stuck to my bed every night and on most mornings and afternoons.

Is this what friends do to each other?

Well, I know I still need you around but as I have earlier stated, I’m sorry, we can only continue as acquaintances and not close friends anymore.

Thank you and best wishes.

Signed
The Man With A Future

No comments: